LeapForward is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals’ health information.
LeapForward’s service provision and records and information management are governed by both the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002.
- Collection of data
- LEAPFORWARD will only collect health information for a lawful purpose and if it is directly related to our business activities and necessary for that purpose.
- LEAPFORWARD will ensure that health information is relevant, not excessive, accurate and current. We will ensure that the collection of data does not unreasonably intrude into the personal affairs of the individual.
- LEAPFORWARD will only collect health information directly from the person concerned or, with their consent, their treating medical professionals.
- LEAPFORWARD will ensure that health information is stored securely, not kept any longer than necessary and disposed of appropriately. Information will be protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure.
- Access and Accuracy
- LEAPFORWARD will explain to the person what health information about them is being stored, why it is being used and any rights they have to access it.
- LEAPFORWARD will allow people to access their health information without reasonable delay or expense.
- LEAPFORWARD will allow people to update, correct or amend their health information where necessary.
- LEAPFORWARD will ensure that the health information is relevant and accurate before using it.
- LEAPFORWARD will only use health information for the purpose for which it was collected, or a directly related purpose that the person would expect.
- LEAPFORWARD will only disclose health information for the purpose for which it was collected, or a directly related purpose that the person would expect. LEAPFORWARD will ensure that signed consent is given before disclosing health information about the individual to a third party.
- Identifiers and Anonymity
- LEAPFORWARD will only identify people if it is reasonably necessary to carry out our functions.
LEAPFORWARD will give people the option of receiving services from us anonymously, where this is lawful and practicable.